Monday, January 14, 2013


Akira the comic book was very important to me when it came out. The story of a no name biker scrub that only had one friend in the world and was given absolute power to control anything and everything, yet that power literally and figuratively corrupted this kid name Tetsuo. 

 The art style in the first two dozen books just blew me away, it was my first real introduction into anything Anime or Manga. After this I worked into other movies like Ninja Scroll and later Ghost in the Shell and Fist of the North Star and eventually just started hand drawing panels from the books. These are full size panels drawn quickly and never meant to be clean enough to ink.

These I believe are from Book 6 I think, I'll update exactly which book after I find all my Akira books. These were drawn ~1990-1991 







No comments:

Post a Comment